The electronics of the system is based on dedicated hardware, designed and build by Inspiro b.v.: the safety critical part with OS-less micro-controllers (PIC18Fxxxx) and the UI on a panel-pc (with windows-CE). All parts connected by a a CAN bus. The basis of the software architecture was also already designed and build (and quite well i must say) by Inspiro.
Since this is hardware and software for medical purposes, I was also asked to support the Dekra testing & certification.
So, this promised to be a very interesting project! After more than a year working on this i can confirm this. The project has advanced to the following state:
- soft and hardware is certified by Dekra.
- first 2 production models are build of which one is in use at the OLVG
- i’m still working on the software, implementing improvements and new functionality.
- PIC18Fxxxx (C and assembly)
- WINCE6.0 (C#)
- various sensor technologies.